Japanske Suntory Yamazaki største overraskelse i 2004

More
19 years 3 months ago #3027 by Duffer
Bloomberg.coms vin og spiritusanmelder mener, at den japanske Single Malt 18-års Suntory Yamazaki hører til en af de største overraskelser i 2004.

Samme whisky fik i øvrigt bronze i år på San Francisco World Spirits Competition i kategorien "anden whisky".

Uddrag fra Bloomberg

"The biggest surprise? A great single malt from Japan. I'd always assumed that only Scotland was capable of producing truly fine single-malt whiskies. I changed my mind in July, when I tasted the 18-year-old Suntory Yamazaki, made in Japan's oldest distillery, outside Kyoto. Its penetrating spicy, honey and peat flavor and extra-long finish were as satisfying and distinctive as any classy Islay bottling.

The attractive Yamazaki 12-year-old has been on Japanese restaurant lists in the U.S. for a while, but the 18-year-old is new to the U.S. market. The company's powerful, buttery, amazingly complex 25-year-old is available only in Japan so far, but is well worth searching out if you're in Tokyo (at Cave de Vin, 81-3-3470-1062), even though it will set you back 84,000 yen ($798.74)."

Link til hele anmeldelsen ;

quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pi ... RRBnbftng4

"A fool and his money are soon parted"
Attachments:

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds