Glenfarclas 1968

More
13 years 8 months ago #21459 by Duffer
Glenfarclas 1968 was created by Duffer
Om otte dage frigives en ny aftapning fra Glenfarclas.
Det drejer sig om en 41 år gammel whisky som er udvalgt af den belgiske Glenfarclas superentusiast og samler, Luc Timmermans.
Aftapningen er en vatting af to sherry fade - et oloroso og et fino sherry fad.
Ved at vatte de to fade, har man angiveligt opnået et bedre slutresultat end ved at aftappe dem individuelt.
Grant familien har godkendt en speciel label, hvor elementer fra både de klassiske Family Cask labels og en speciel håndskreven label fra Thosop aftapningerne indgår.

Link: www.thosop.com/_/Our_next_whisky.html

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #21460 by jones
Replied by jones on topic Glenfarclas 1968
Pris 295 Euro + fragt

Al J.

More
13 years 8 months ago #21461 by Duffer
Replied by Duffer on topic Glenfarclas 1968
Ja, tæt på de 300 € - og det er faktisk ikke dyrt hvis man sammeligner med Family Cask serien...

More
13 years 8 months ago #21462 by jones
Det er lidt misvisende at angive at aftapningen frigives om otte dage.

Fadene forventes aftappet den 18 august i Skotland. Dernæst kommer etikettering, transport til Belgien, fortoldning, m.m.

Luc regner med at det varer ca. 6 uger fra nu før han kan ekspedere bestillinger.

Han tager mod reservationer nu.

Al J.

More
13 years 8 months ago #21502 by Duffer
Første indtryk fra Ruben:

Glenfarclas 41 yo 1968 (xx%, OB 2010 for Thosop, cask #702 & 5240, xxx btl.)
Nose: the oloroso sherry is easy to notice, but it shows much more layers. There's a fresh layer of sweet fruits (mirabelles, redcurrant marmalade, lovely ripe tangerine and even raspberry jelly) and a darker layer of dried fruits (dates, raisins), chocolate and toffee. And a third layer of spices, oak polish, cigar boxes and some mint and eucalyptus. Just a hint of dusty oak and old leather book covers in the background. After some time it gets more playful, the fruits becomes bigger and the masculine side of the sherry makes place for a feminine softness and sweetness. A thrilling nose with awesome complexity. Mouth: a firm attack. There are woody notes, prunes, lots of dark chocolate and some cold coffee. A few notes that remind me of a meat sauce with wine (must be the mix of sherry with the herbal elements). A little mint and soft pepper. Fig and blackcurrant jam. A tad less wide than on the nose but really impressive at this age. Finish: long, drying, with lingering fruits.

In a way, this is like a richer, more powerful version of the official Glenfarclas 40yo: it shows different types of Glenfarclas style (with just two casks!), mixed together to create an even better result. Now let's stop typing and just enjoy"¦

Score: 93/100

More
13 years 8 months ago #21511 by Duffer
"Try before you buy" er en mulighed: 3 cl. = 15 €
whiskysamples.flyingcart.com/ind ... 62&cat_id=

"Delivery of the bottle is foreseen on September 30th, 2010."

More
13 years 7 months ago #21521 by Duffer
Luc Timmermans:
We got the full details of our Glenfarclas in today from George. Here the exact ABV and outturn. Glenfarclas 1968/2010 (49,7%, OB for Thosop Belgium, Oloroso Cask #702 & Fino Cask #5240, 318 Bts)

More
13 years 6 months ago #21940 by jones
Projektet løb forudsigeligt nok ind i visse forsinkelser. Blandt andet blev hele sendingen leveret i første omgang med etiketter der sad skævt og løst. Det måtte laves om.

Nu tager Luc endelig imod betaling (€315 incl. levering til DK) og lover forsendelse tidligt i næste uge.

Al J.

More
13 years 5 months ago #21941 by karlejnar
Replied by karlejnar on topic Glenfarclas 1968
Jeg tror jeg springer over denne gang - er jo også rigeligt bagud :wink:

Det er da muligt andre synes, det er billigt, men jeg synes det er lidt i overkanten. Købte en 1966 - 39år i 2006 for en fjerdedel af prisen. Men så havde den jo heller ikke så fin en etiket :roll:

Slàinte
Karl Ejnar
Jeg er ikke samler - blot lidt bagud med at drikke ;-)

More
13 years 5 months ago #21942 by Duffer
Noter fra Serge:

Glenfarclas 41 yo 1968/2010 (49.7%, OB for Thosop BVBA, Belgium) Five stars A vatting of a first fill oloroso hogshead and a first fill fino hogshead, both selected by our friend Luc Timmermans. Colour: amber. Nose: think fruitcake, honeys, leather, putty, patanegra ham, mint liqueur and sandalwood and add a wee drop of very old balsamic vinegar. There, you have it. With water: the oak comes out but it's not a varnishy one. Faint mouldiness, old wine cellar, saltpetre. Mouth: a tad more vigorous than the nose, more tannic as well. Pepper and capsicum, cloves, tobacco, prunes, old Armagnac, blackcurrants"¦ It's not a smooth old Glenfarclas this time, rather a fighter! With water: some fruits are back, some aren't. Banana skin, dried pears, green tea. Finish: rather long, more on mint tea, with a little aniseed in the aftertaste besides the tannins. Comments: funny that Luc's chosen these casks (while he had dozens at hand). It seems that he wanted to bottle something ‘different'. I think it's really excellent but not for people who are scared of a little oak. I'm not ;-) . SGP:471 - 91 points.

Kilde: Whiskyfun

More
13 years 5 months ago #22061 by Duffer
"Alt godt kommer til den som venter"
Dear Whiskylovers,
to celebrate the 11nd Whiskyfestival in the Netherlands (Leiden)
we give on the whole assortment a discount of 10%.
Please us the code: WS2010 in your order!!!

Hvilket jeg tolker også at gælde for Glenfarclas Thosop :-) (ca. 30 € sparet)

Kilde: Whiskysite.nl

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds