Springbank 2010 was created by Duffer
The new releases planned for next year are:

January Springbank 18 y/o and Springbank CV
March Springbank 12 y/o and Springbank Claret
May Kilkerran Work In Progress
Sept Hazelburn 12 y/o

Kilde: Springbank

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #19630 by Duffer
Replied by Duffer on topic Springbank 2010
Ny opdatering:
Springbank have announced their forthcoming releases for the coming year (release dates subject to change)...

Springbank 12yo Claret, limited to 9000 bottles (January 2010)
Springbank 18yo, limited to 9000 bottles (January 2010)
Springbank CV (January 2010)
Springbank 12yo Cask Strength (March 2010)
Hazelburn 12yo, limited to 4650 bottles (August 2010)
Kilkerran Work in Progress 2, limited to 15000 bottles (May 2010)

Kilde: LFW

More
14 years 2 months ago #19907 by Duffer
Springbank 18 (2010)
The Springbank 18 y/o has been released, and is just in our shop yesterday. The
tasting was carried out last week, so here are the tasting notes:
Colour: Rusty Copper
Nose: Full of authority. Rich and creamy at first, the nose develops to reveal vanilla,
ripe fruits and marzipan before hints of sherbert, almonds and strawberries tempt you
onwards to the first mouthful.
Palate: A classic full-bodied dram. Thick and oily in texture with an extremely fruity and
mellow taste which gives way to a sweet liquorice and aniseed flavour as it opens up.
Hints of liquorice and aniseed.
Finish: Sweet and chocolatey with some coconut, the finish is long and consistent with a pleasant smokey tingle.

UK Price 62.50 £

More
14 years 2 months ago #19908 by Duffer
Springbank CV is the product of a variety of different cask types and sizes, all specially selected by Director of Production Frank McHardy and Distillery Manager Stuart
Robertson. Frank and Stuartʼs years of experience allowed them to choose a range of casks, every one complementing the other to ensure a great whisky with lots of flavour and the classic Springbank Style. What does CV mean? Chairmanʼs Vat? Curriculum vitae? Cuvee of Vintages? It means whatever you want it to mean, enjoying the whisky is the most important thing.
Colour: Muted gold with a reddish glow.
Nose: The initial nose is a mix of subdued sherry sweetness, subtle peat notes,
menthol and eucalyptus. Further nosing revealed a meaty character with complex hints
of sesame oil and soy sauce.
Palate: Subtle sherry notes come through along with a depth of oak and spice.
These then evolve into notes reminiscent of our traditional Dunnage warehouses.
Finish: The flavours remaining are mainly coming from the sherry casks, although right at the end a hint of port tannins can be detected, perhaps suggesting the pedigree of casks used for the Springbank CV.

UK Price 28.50 £

More
14 years 1 month ago #20293 by Duffer

Springbank 18 (2010)

Ifølge Ruben, taber den nye 2010 lidt terræn i forhold til 2009 (som iøvrigt skulle indeholde 20-21 år gammel whisky)

Kilde: Whiskynotes

Springbank 18 years (2010)
Last year we saw the release of a new Springbank 18 years old. It was matured mainly in sherry casks and it was received very well by reviewers.

I was told it contained quite a lot of older whisky. In fact 21yo would have been a more accurate name. This year, there's a new version limited at 9000 bottles with the same cask distribution (80% sherry, 20% bourbon). It's likely to sell out really soon.

Springbank 18 yo Springbank 18y (46%, OB 2010)

Nose: it takes a while to open up, but it's clear the berries are the key element again. Blueberries, strawberries"¦ an unusual but very enjoyable fruit mix. Underneath is a darker layer of roasted grains, very gentle smoke and hints of marzipan. A slightly earthy / musty edge as well, which makes it a classic Springbank. While it's still very balanced and entertaining, I remember last year's release to be more expressive and complex. Mouth: same remark, it seems rather tame. Quite oily with the sherry standing out a bit (dried fruits, some spices). A hint of smoke. Finish: medium length but really nice, with notes of blueberries and chocolate.

While it's still a good whisky, I was underwhelmed by this new version. Maybe it's the power of imagination (I didn't have a chance to taste them head-to-head), but the new version seems to be playing in a lower league. Quite expensive: around € 100.

Score: 84/100

More
14 years 1 month ago #20294 by bdujgp
Replied by bdujgp on topic Springbank 2010
Og lidt Sprinbank 2009 (hjemkommet i 2010)

1999 Springbank Fresh Bourbon Barrel no. 261 - 59,5 %.

Af min andel har jeg en 8-10 flasker i overskud som sælges for kr. 500,00 efter f'ørst-til-mølle. Afhentes i Fredericia eller sendes for købers regning med GLS. (Jeg har mulighed for gratis transport via kolleger til bla. Århus og Odense)

NB. Jeg sender samples til dem jeg har aftale med først i den kommende uge.

Send en PB hvis du vil købe en flaske.

Slainte
Jørn - Fredericia
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #20435 by Duffer
Springbank 12yo Claret Wood er nu begyndt at dukke op forskellige steder - blandt andet hos Loch Fyne

54.4% abv - Distilled May 1997 - Bottled February 2010 - Limited to 9360 bottles.
Comments;
A lovely red tinge belies the 3 years spent in claret wood after 9 years in refill bourbon, I wonder what effect three years in claret followed by 9 in bourbon would have"¦ Never mind.
This dram has a beguiling and attractive nose with just a little prickle. There is must (wet mushrooms), sweetness (Ribena) and it's very aromatic, nnnnnice. Water releases more bitter notes and a whiff of smoke.
To taste it is soft and juicy, a little extra on the bitter buds with a cherry vapour (Tunes), it sure sets the tongue a'buzzin. Very enjoyable but not as complex as the Springbank's Madeira offering. The finish hangs in the throat like the moon hangs in the sky, mysteriously. An excellent dram.

£38.50

Kilde: Loch Fyne Whiskies

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds